Friday, August 9, 2013

Anchors Aweigh!

You guys already know I love nautical for summer.  There is just something about summer that makes me feel like I should be out on a sailboat, eating cheese and drinking wine.  But since I don’t really enjoy being out on sailboats, I’ll just get my seafaring touch from my shoes.  And anchors, especially, seem to be everywhere right now!


The Angelfish by Sperry Top-Sider is so jaunty!  White leather, red lacing, white anchors on blue… fabulous.  But what’s kind of amazing is that it comes in 31 other color options!  Thirty-one!  That may be a record.  So pick your poison—all 32 are $90 from Zappos.


So many anchors!  The Tropez by Charles Phillip Shanghai is just covered in tiny anchors, facing every which way.  Plus it’s in the super-trendy smoking slipper shape, so you’re killing two birds with one stone!  Find them at Neiman Marcus for $60.


I heart anchors indeed!  The Anchor by J. Renee is a navy and white (or black and white) striped flat, trimmed with blue, and with an embroidered heart and anchor over the peep toe.  And check out the red stripes on the insole!  Nice touch.  Yours for $47 from 6pm.


The Anchor by Taylor Swift for Keds has some of the more whimsical anchors on this post, plus red-rimmed blue stars!  And I’m kind of digging those rawhide laces, though I’m not sure how well they’d stay tied!  Find them at Nordstrom for $50.

How about a wedge to finish the day?


How do I love thee, Nautical Smile Wedges by Miss L Fire?  Let me count the ways: I love your woven three-inch wedge.  I love the blue and white trim around the foot and around the bottom of the wedge.  I love the blue ropes and red buckle at the ankle.  I love the kitschy anchor on the peep toe.  And, finally, I love that they say “Hello Sailor” on the sides!  Love, love, love.  Yours from $125 from ModCloth.

Anchors aweigh!

Sales this weekend:
Bakers: Sale ends tonight! 10% off one pair, 20% off two pairs, 30% off three pairs
Lord & Taylor: An extra 15% off regular and sale; an extra 25% off clearance with code FIRSTLOOK
Steve Madden: Half off all clearance shoes, plus fall sneak peek (up to 30% off)

No comments:

Post a Comment