Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy Shoe Year!

Happy New Year, deputy shoe fairies!  I love the bright, shiny, fresh new start that the New Year brings.  You know what else it brings?  A new color of the year!  For 2014, I present the glorious pinky purple that is Pantone’s Radiant Orchid:



Love.  So here you go!  Deck yourself in the color of the New Year!

The Azelle is a little on the purple side, maybe, but it’s so fun!  I love the crystals all over it; I love the swirling cut of the vamp… I want to wear this to every party.  It has a 4.5-inch heel and a small platform underneath the peep toe, and is also available in black, but…black?  Come on.  Radiant Orchid.  Your choice for $60 from Nine West.



This shiny orchid beauty is the Laetitia by B Brian Atwood.  It’s a metallic snake!  Come on, that’s awesome.  Can I also say how I love the heel?  I love the shape it makes where it joins the shoe, and I really like the contrast of the black.  (That heel is 4.5 inches, by the way.)  The double ankle strap is a bit unusual!  Cool feature.  Find them at 6pm for $209.



Glitter flats! This pair by Pompili may be simple in silhouette, but not in materials: orchid glitter on the outside, trimmed in shiny orchid fabric and topped with a shiny orchid bow.  And silver on the inside, too!  These are all kind of fun.  Pick up a pair at Lyst for $45.



The Louie by Michael Antonio is an almond-toe pump with a body of orchid faux suede and a toe cap of black faux leather.  Classic and fun at the same time—not to mention on-trend!  The heel is 4.5 inches high, and there’s a hidden half-inch platform… and it comes in a ton of other colors!  Seriously, there are eight other choices.  (The black and yellow sort of reminds me of The Bride’s jumpsuit from Kill Bill.  But I digress.)  Your choice for $50 from Heels.com.



Oh god, I think I’m having a shoegasm.  The Embellished High Heel Ankle Tie Sandal by Rene Caovilla is magnificent beyond words.  Sure, the toe strap is simple, but the ankle… the ankle!  Rhinestones in blue and gold and purple (er, orchid), and the sole is all silver glitter!  If I could wear one pair of shoes for the rest of my life, it might be these.  They’re not out yet, but you can preorder them from Neiman Marcus for $1695.


This color makes me so happy.  I hope it brings you happiness in 2014 too!

Sales this weekend:
Sorry ladies; still on vacation!  Be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment